Monday, November 17, 2008

I don't like to be alone

Usually in Brazil people don't like to be alone. For me it was difficult to be alone with big family that I have. After my brothers and sisters married I was living alone with my mother, and I got used to having fewer people around. I also got used to having less noise around me. For instance, I turned the TV down because I didn't need to drawn out the noise made by my brothers and sisters. Now when more than three or four people come over I don't like the noise and distraction. Since I came to the United States I have become even more solitary. As a result, when I go back to Brazil I need some time to get used to so many people again. Although I have gotten used to being alone, I still like it when friends come. In fact, I still like to be around other people.

1 comment:

Anna said...

It was hearing about South America a lot as a child that made me want to ask this question. I knew that many of my friends from there didn't like to see me alone. I was interested to hear other view points. It does take some time to get used to being around that many people though, I agree.